What does mold need to grow? It’s actually very simple and unfortunately, all homes have the ingredients to help mold grow and thrive in even the cleanest of homes. Mold only needs moisture, oxygen, dust, and a surface for the spores to land. Once all those ingredients come together, you now have a mold problem.
The scary part about mold is some homeowners don’t know they have a mold problem until they are experiencing health problems. According to the Center for Disease Control, people can experience the following health problems due mold:
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Coughing or wheezing
- Burning eyes
- Skin rash
Those who suffer from asthma or have a mold allergy can have some severe reactions. Those with chronic lung disease may experience infections in their lungs. Individuals who are experiencing these symptoms are encouraged to have their home inspected for mold. If mold is found, a certified and licensed professional should be hired to properly remove the mold.
Important facts to know if you try to clean the mold yourself:
- Using bleach doesn’t work: mold will slow down the spread of the mold spores but it is actually ineffective in eliminating mold completely.
- Household cleaners cannot get under the surface the mold is growing on. The mold will wipe away but it will eventually come back.
- Paint covers the mold but it does not eliminate it, the mold will return.
Why call the professionals?
- Hiring professionals ensures all the mold in your home is found and eliminated properly.
- Mold remediation requires proper equipment and tools to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Professionals can give advice specific to the home that will prevent the mold from returning.
- Some will repair the damage the mold created in the home.
Contact Bio-One today for a FREE ESTIMATE. We’re happy to help